"Mirror Image" (Poisoned Pen Press) now at your bookseller's.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

FINGERS CROSSED...

...re the Biden-Palin debate. Frankly, I'll be glad when it's over. Biden has to be careful not to seem threatening, patronizing, or even overly-knowledgeable, or else he'll turn off a lot of viewers.
 
One of my female patients---a liberal Dem, BTW---says she's worried he'll come off as a smug, know-it-all paternal figure, putting down the female Sarah. The dismissive Daddy to an ambitious daughter. My patient worries about the effect this might/would have on middle-aged white female voters, regardless of their policy positions.
 
Actually, now that I think about it, I'll be glad when the whole damned election is over. The suspense is killing me. Things look better for Obama....but as John Cleese wisely observed, "It isn't the despair that kills you, it's the hope."
 
 




Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial challenges? Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information, tips and calculators.

No comments: