"Mirror Image" (Poisoned Pen Press) now at your bookseller's.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I Know I Have a Book in Me: Writing for Therapists

In the name of shameless self-promotion, I'm making a pitch:

For those who might be interested, I'm teaching a workshop this Sunday, May 4th, at the California Association for Marriage and Family Therapists Annual Conference. The 3-hour intensive workshop is called "I Know I Have a Book in Me: Writing For Therapists."

Who might benefit from this workshop? Glad you asked.

It's perfect for therapists, psychologists, social workers and psychiatrists who want to write for either clinical journals or the general public.

This workshop addresses everything from writer's block and procrastination to the plain facts about editors, publishing and the changing marketplace.

Using anecdotes, examples, and in-class writing exercises, the mental health professional yearning to write will learn how to turn their clinical expertise--as well as the lessons of their own personal journey--into marketable material for magazines, newspapers and books.

The Conference takes place at the Marriott Hotel at the Los Angeles Airport. My workshop runs from 9:00 AM to Noon. For registration info, call 888-892-2638.

End of pitch. Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dennis,

See what kind of turn out you have on Sunday and decide whether it's worth taking this one on the road. I bet the Open Center in NYC would love to have you! I'm just sayin'... I'd be there. Good luck on Sunday!

Laura Lefelar-Barch